VicTrainz Modellers Group

It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:38 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:00 pm 
H class (express goods/passenger)

G'day All,

I decided to take a rest from work on the Terraced Houses (in fact, I haven't actually returned to them since my 'forced' hiatus last week) and decided to take a trip to the country, Heathcote to be precise, where I found D1 560's sister - D1 569 - waiting for right of way from the guard just prior to departure from the aforementioned location..

...in reality, I thought a break from 3ds Max by way of some work in Trainz (on my beloved VR North East route - which gets little or no attention) would be more therapeutic than the 'brain' bashing I would have had otherwise. I don't know if it worked or not...

Jerker {:)}

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:19 pm 
E class (shunter)

Great to see your ok Garry. Good idea mate, stop and smell the roses and you might actually get to enjoy some of those items you spent so much time creating for us folk.
Really nice shot, enjoy and take care mate.
Cheers,
Bazz (ozzmo)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:32 am 
Site Admin

On a cold cloudy day we see D1 635 leading a very short car goods service from Healesville.

Regards
Zec

All comments are my own unless otherwise stated.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:28 am 
Site Admin

D1 510 leads D1 636 over the top of Cave Hill on a combined Warburton/Healesville passenger service.

With brakes squealing against the train, the two D1s bring their passengers down the hill into Lilydale.

After bring their speed down, the two D1s put on a bit of a show as they steam into the platform past D1 501.

With the train split, D1 636 takes it's portion up the grade toward Mt Evelyn and Warburton.

D1 501 steams away from Lilydale with it's short Melbourne bound goods.

With it's train in tow, and 5 chime whistle howling for the crossing, D1 510 makes a spirited dash away from Lilydale.

Regards
Zec

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:34 am 
H class (express goods/passenger)

G'day S301,

...brilliant 'captures', as always, Zec! I have to ask, though, which houses you have used on this route (they look as though they would fit ever so 'rightly' into mine) and do you have a number (if it is TS 12 compatible - which applies to the houses, as well, of course) for the Cattle Grid in the last image? I must also make note of some concern regarding the Catch Points on the Head Shunt at Lilydale (as seen in the penultimate image above) and their associated Point Inductor. You have, here, that which we call in the trade, an "adverse indication" (perhaps it is time for a set of "proper" Catch Points to match the excellent "Procedural Track" ones I see elsewhere). On the subject of Points, I would also like to mention the "apparently" missing right hand (as we look at it) Stock Rail and Point Blade that forms the 'connection' from the aforesaid Head Shunt onto the ladder to #3 Road and beyond, in the set of Double Slips that is "under" the train...

Jerker {:)}

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:37 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Garry
The houses are mainly Sirgibby's NZ houses, plus Natvander's station master's house and gatekeeper's house (both are relatively close to the VR's other designed of DR).

The cattle grids are a mix of <kuid2:96997:190017:1> crossing with rail grid, <kuid:96997:200006> crossing fence single, <kuid:96997:200017> crossing with rail grid. (first and last are the same looking, but different kuids - no idea what the go is there!) - the 'fence single' is useful for forming the side fences on double track, but you'll be missing the grid itself.

Unfortunately, the interlocking system doesn't handle catch points by default. I have to add into a few of the paths to set the catch points to the correct position, and possibly set a path (with a dummy 'red' signal at the end of some invisible track) for the 'derail' position. Requires some experimenting! It's not the easiest system to setup a yard like this, as it was designed for 'through' pathing (i.e. the 'interlocking tower' controls a junction setup, where trains will enter the path and exit the other side without stopping - yards like this of course have trains stopping in the middle, so you end up with a multitude of possible paths to configure).

For the pointwork, the procedural track system doesn't yet support compound turnouts, or even 3-way turnouts (Grrrrr). I'm lucky that Lilydale's entry turnouts are offset far enough that they do work. I plan to have a play with some 'fixed track' objects to form catch points , but will just wait for the compound turnout support. With a bit of 'fudging' you can usually get one side of the compound to work, but not the other...

Zec

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:45 am 
Site Admin

D1 543 steams through the countryside with it's down goods train.

The D1 makes light work of the climb up to Tunnel Hill with it's train in tow.

Not far from Healesville, we see the D1 crossing the Watts River bridge.

A few minutes later we see the D1 from the home signal at Healesville.

After safeworking is completed, we see a rather clean D1 539 departing with an up passenger service whilst D1 543 sits in 2 road with it's train.

Regards
Zec

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:26 am 
Site Admin

Regards
Zec

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:30 am 
Site Admin

V499 departs through the heavy fog with an early morning goods.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:13 am 
Site Admin

ZecRail's blue and gold D1 517 sits in the shed at Healesville next to a dirty D1 536 in the afternoon sun.

D1 517 steams through the yard to prepare for a short run out to Tarrawarra and back for locals.

After picking up passengers, the train makes it's way through the yard.

Our intrepid photographer has climbed one of the gum trees to snap off a shot as the D1 works hard to bring it's train up the hill toward the tunnel.

After passing through the tunnel, the D1 rolls rapidly down the grade on it's way to Tarrawarra.

Having performed a quick run around, the crew prepare to depart Tarrawarra back to Healesville.

After a short burst of power to keep the train moving, the D1 rolls through the sharp curves of 'Devils Bend'.

Regards
Zec

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next