VicTrainz Modellers Group

It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:33 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:21 pm 
H class (express goods/passenger)

Nope... almost 15 years too early (1887-1888) :lol:

Of cause it might have come to a surprise to you as I've never posted renders of it here (pretty sure I haven't), I did post them a bit on Facebook, originally it was just D 82 (Geelong's only D Class, Queenscliff, Colac and Spencer St mixed traffic services) and built it about mid 2012.

then going into 2014 or 2015? I built one up in Canadian Red and sent it to Zec, then we had it built into T:ANE to give Healesville a variety of locomotives which included New R Class, E Class and EE Class.

over the past few months I rebuilt the D Class, E and EE Class which include culling of att points, improved LOD's and repainted to Zec's specifications :)

then I painted it black to D 190, 192 and 196.

If you would like copies of locomotives or rollingstock to play in trainz on the NE line all you need to do is send a message asking (can I have such and such for showcasing the NE line?) and I'll send it as it's got a purpose, if someone asks for the particular loco or rollingstock and doesn't have a purpose for it then I'll think about it over time.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:59 pm 

G'day Aaron™,

...thank goodness for that, you had me worried for a minute, there. I guess I hadn't noticed the great similarity between these two classes, before this, Aaron, despite the research I did to create the "Aa". I was about to be very cross with you but you have convinced me otherwise, indeed, I praise you fir your dedication. As much as I would like to take you up on your kind offer, all my beloved "Aa" Class locomotive were scrapped in 1924, long before the time period of about 1960, in which I have set the "VR NE Route", so, as with your lovely D Class locomotives, their presence would be "inappropriate" (I shall, however, keep the offer in mind should it ever become a viable one)...

Jerker {:)}

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:20 am 

Hi Garry,

It appears AA's where still in service into early 1930's as super heaters (the numbers listed below), numbers not listed where Saturated and withdrawn between 1919 to 1927.

Code:
542 to 74 03-07-24, off register 28-01-32
544 to 75 23-06-24, off register 26-01-32
566 to 84 28-09-23, off register 26-01-32
570 to 86 14-06-24, off register 26-01-32

the 1926 Loads of Goods Trains puts them to 95%, the Superheated ones take an extra 5% over the Saturated, so the're pretty much equal to a DD.

EDIT:

I'll also add that I won't take on a project that someone else has already started, I said something similar in the past :)
main locomotives of interest for me is the light lines 1890's and earlier ones, or locomotives common to the Geelong area, based on allot of research I've done, I have found that the line from Geelong to Marshell is 75lbs double headed rail, from Marshell to Port Fairy it's 60lbs single headed rail, South Geelong to Queenscliff is 60lbs single headed rail, Geelong to Ballaarat is 80lbs double headed rail and Newport to Geelong is 72lbs double headed rail, as the Geelong route is Geelong to Corio of heavy rail and Geelong to Gheringhap of heavy rail with 98% of the route being light lines I don't really need heavy main line locos, only ones of interest is Beyer R, O, X and Y Class, light lines locos of interest is D, F, G, H, J, K, Q, New R, S, T and U Classes, ones I have under construction is D, H, New and Old R and U Class (U Class is just the frame, wheels and boiler but is very low priority, I load the mesh every 3 or 4 months since last year, :lol: ).

Cheers.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:55 pm 
Site Admin

DD 639 waits at Healesville with the 2016 Christmas Special, ready to head for Yarra Glen!

With the DD working hard, the Christmas Special climes up to the Tunnel Hill tunnel.

A view from the cab of the DD as it drifts down grade from the tunnel.

The DD makes light work of the train as it crosses the flood plains outside Tarrawarra.

I hope to have the Christmas Train ready for release later today, but we'll see how it goes! This years will be free, but is only compatible with Trainz: A New Era. It might also include a couple of surprises!

Merry Christmas everyone!
Zec

All comments are my own unless otherwise stated.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:02 pm 
Site Admin

On another note, some shots of a D1 on a goods around Beetoomba :)

Regards
Zec

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:42 pm 
Site Admin

DD 642 leads a short passenger train out of Healesville.

Have been working on getting the L sheep wagons scene here into Trainz over the Christmas 'break', extremely happy with how they look in-game!

Zec

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:11 pm 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:34 am 
Site Admin

A few scenes of V499 with a mixed around Beetoomba. :)

Regards
Zec

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:34 pm 
C class (goods)

Hey everyone,
I finally got T:ANE.
Here are just some shots just to see how they turned out, I didn't want to melt my Macbook Air with high specs so these are on the lowest settings, still looks better than TS12!
I'm a bit confused about post processing, but it's just a process I'll have to go through.

D453 idles at Alberton before heading out to Woodside, (not much detail, ik)

Later D453 steaming out of Alberton.

I'll post again after Alberton is more detailed.

Cheers, Stefan.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:56 am 
Site Admin

A few shots of D1 503 hauling a ballast train out of Healesville.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next