VicTrainz Modellers Group

It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:20 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Healesville - V2...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:23 am 
Site Admin

DD 584 awaits departure from Lilydale with a mixed train.

After a short stop at Coldstream, the train steams across one of the many embankments along the line.

Half way between Colstream and Yering, rattles across a level crossing.

With cylinder drains open, DD 584 eases it's way out of Yering.

Just out of Yarra Glen, the DD steams across the Yarra Flats on the impressive trestle bridge.

Zec

All comments are my own unless otherwise stated.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:47 am 
Site Admin

A New R class leads a Healesville bound goods under the fading light of sunset.

Zec

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:34 am 
Site Admin

EE 466 charges up the grade out of Healesville with an up mixed.

Climbing away from Mooroolbark.

Zec

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:08 pm 
Site Admin

I have spent the past week building the last of the new bridges for the route. My apologies Garry, but I felt I needed the bridges to all have a standard look the same across the route (colour/textures), so I kitbashed the 'standard' 15ft deck into a double track bridge similar to the existing set. I also made it a little longer, and built piles that reflect the design a little closer (2 pile piers, modified to fit the double track bridge - with the distinctive 'straight' 6ft piles). It's still not 100% correct, as it should be an 11ft longitudal deck bridge, but time has meant I could really only do a 'kitbash' at this stage. If I get time/opportunity to actually correct this, I'll try :)

Still, I am rather happy with how well it blends in, especially with the abutments and narrower deck. I was thinking the original one could be released as is if you wish Garry, as it's still a nice (and quite useful IMO) bridge :)

And for those who are interested, the original can be seen here: http://pjv101.net/fts/u01/ad308.jpg

Regards
Zec

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

Hi All
Spent the last couple of weeks working on a set of VR based stockyard assets for the Healesville route... And this should be the last new content for the route itself :oops:

These assets will be 'exclusive' TANE assets. Well, any further variants will be released, but only for TANE and only after TANE is released :)

The set, as it stands, consists of 5 assets. These are an industry active cattle race, an industry active sheep/pig race, spline versions of the cattle and sheep race/pen fences, and separate gates to match the two fences.

This is the setup at Yarra Glen, which uses all of the parts. I have had to use some modelers license with which fences go where, but I think it looks about right :)

Zec

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:37 am 
H class (express goods/passenger)

G'day S301,

...that is absolutely fantastic, Zec. It's also exactly how I imagined the asset that I, too, have been considering creating. would have turned out should I have had the chance to start it. There is one major difference; I would have made the asset available for a TB of, at least 2.9, NOW, as I could have used these assets, yesterday, on my own "VR NE route" (and would dearly love to still do so). I have to say that I am 'disappointed' to see that you intend to ONLY release these for TANE (despite the fact that this doesn't exist.yet). I cannot be the only person who is thinking this way and despite your "good intentions", I believe that decision to be an erroneous one. Is there any way I can sway you to reconsider this?...

Jerker {:(}

Last edited by Jerker on Thu May 15, 2014 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:16 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Garry
There are a few reasons for it being released with TANE.

Note, it's not so much as waiting to release for TANE, but rather that they will be included as built-in content in TANE. In effect, the basic set shown here are 'exclusive' for Healesville, as they've been made as such. There's a heap of content that's been made for Healesville that will be released for free, however I've decided to make these exclusive for the route. Part of this is that these will look a LOT better in TANE, as far as I can predict anyway.

Another part is that the set is not yet complete, and I won't have time to actually complete it till after TANE is released. There are a couple more variants that are needed, which I really don't have time to produce. My intention is to produce these after the release of TANE, and release them for TANE onto the DLS as an extension of the set.

Some of the scripting is also being provided to me as part of the Healesville route being built-in content.

That said, I might look at putting a beta up on VicTrainz for it, however it will be a much simplified version of the stockyards (no animations, and probably no LOD at this stage). The stockyards in TANE would 'replace' those released here as beta.

Regards
Zec

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:46 pm 
H class (express goods/passenger)

G'day S301,

...provided that the 'proposed' beta versions do actually come to fruition, Zec, you have assuaged me, somewhat. I could very easily live without the "bells and whistles" (and certainly without LOD) but I have some concerns over...

..."...The stockyards in TANE would 'replace' those released here as beta...."...

...in the situation where someone has downloaded the assets to use in Trainz versions lower than TANE (assuming that the 'beta' versions are released for an older Trainz Build)?

Jerker {:)}

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:10 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Garry
If I do release the 'beta' versions, they will be for TS12 SP1 (I can't currently test them in earlier versions, and as such cannot ensure they'll work in them), so trainz-build 3.7, and would be released as is for testing purposes. As with all beta's, the items would be subject to change in the final release (the ones built-in in TANE).

The TANE versions would essentially 'obsolete' the beta versions (actually, more that the beta version simply won't install into TANE; as they'll already be built-in). Nothing will break, just you'll get the finished versions.

Note, the fences and gates won't be released as beta versions. They definitely need the LOD's on them, otherwise you'll destroy performance quite badly.

And I won't be supporting anyone releasing routes using this content (it is a 'beta' after all ;) ).

Zec

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:08 am 
Site Admin

D92 eases out of Healesville with a Melbourne bound passenger service.

Part way between Tarrawarra and Yarra Glen, we see the train steaming across one of the many bridges on the line.

Having departed Yarra Glen, D92 steams along the Yarra Flats trestle bridge.

D92 steams past one of the vineyards near Yering.

With the Warburton branch beside it, D92 slows as it approaches Lilydale.

D92 sits in the platform at Lilydale, whilst a 'New R' sits with a suburban train in the back platform.

Regards
Zec

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next