VicTrainz Modellers Group

It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:29 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Healesville - V2...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

Hi all

Having installed TS2010, and then installed most of my content, I've started playing with Healesville for version 2. In this case, it will need TS2010 since it will be using SpeedTree. At this stage, I'm only working on updating the existing layout (shouldn't take too long). Before I get too involved with this, I will of course finish of V1 of the layout :) I'll go into more details of V2 later :)

Anyway, here's some screenies of the test update of the layout at this stage :) No captions this time, as everyone should be able to work out the locations :)

Zec

All comments are my own unless otherwise stated.

Post subject: Re: Healesville - V2...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:26 pm 
H class (express goods/passenger)

Hi Zec,

Very nice, I noticed 2010 has come out, but whats the diff with 09 and 10? I'm still trying to get content to work properly on 09, most of the time when I start Driver Mode, after loading I put the loco's in direction and all the couplers break, then I need to quit and reload it, whats "Speed Tree"?

Speaking of problems, the DDE/D4 loco's show it has a missing Texture "env_metal.bmp" with the wheels and the leading wheels say "a.r.pony" isn't found in mesh.

-Aaron

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:01 pm 
Site Admin

I've not had a chance to properly look at the DDe/D4 yet. But when I get a chance, I will.

As for TS2010, there's a fair few new features in it. Seasonal support (e.g. appropriate trees will change depending on the season), 'SpeedTree' trees (more on these below), layers (these are much like the layers in photoshop, or a CAD program), and a few other features in there as well. It's basically the second part of TS2009 (as was the original plan anyway).

In regards to SpeedTree, this actually a 'tree engine' used for creating and then rendering trees in games. IIRC the trees have a 'dynamic' LOD, camera facing planes (so the leaves for example will 'rotate' to face the camera), and are animated to simulate wind. They're also native mode compliant :)

Zec

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:54 pm 
R class (express passenger)

Should put TS2010 on my wish list. That is some of the best screenies I've seen in Trainz. No competion. Great work Zec :D

Timo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:47 pm 

They said Ts09 Engineers edition had turned into 2010. Now we can't use them. I find that rediculous! There goes however much I payed for 09 if I play with it for 6 Months, could have kept 06 and skipped 09
Jamie :x

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:55 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Jamie
TS2009:Engineers Edition was simply renamed to TS2010:Engineers Edition to reflect the changed release date. It also had Surveyor included, and SpeedTree added, which were not in the originally announced release plans. However, TS2009:EE (now TS2010:EE, and will be referred to as such from now on in this post) was announced at the same time that TS2009:WBE was announced. Originally TS2010 was going to be released in around February 2009, however as normally happens, plans changed at it was released in November with some extra features.

We, the users of Trainz, have known that it was coming for a long time. We just didn't know when. Myself, I don't see what is different, except that TS2010 has a different name, and some features. It can still be installed as an 'add-on'/'patch' for TS2009:WBE as was originally planned.

As I said before, only version 2 of Healesville will be for TS2010. V1 (the one that was shown at Healesville, and then Sandown) will be kept as an 09 release, and I will be finishing it off in the next few weeks. For the most part, my content will be made for 09, although some items may be released for TS2010 as needed (e.g. items that I create to use the seasonal functions).

Zec

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:15 pm 

I might save up then. It's just a kid doesn't have money to buy copies of everything
Jamie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:32 pm 

Don't you mean Caufield Zec? I was at the Sandown expo and you weren't there, as it was the same weekend at Healesville

Timo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:37 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, that one :P I keep mixing them up, which is bad as I really don't want much to do with Sandown after what they did this year... Advertising in the local newspaper in Healesville...

Zec

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:39 am 

I ordered a box edition since i thought its easier... Cant wait for it to arrive :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next