VicTrainz Modellers Group

It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:26 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ...VR North East Route..
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:27 pm 
H class (express goods/passenger)

G'day All,

I figured it was time I started a Topic, here, dedicated to my own route, upon which I have been doing a great deal more work, recently (since upgrading it to TS12 standards), to highlight those aspects of it that aren't suited to any other Topic in this Thread...

...we start with with this 'scene', which shows a young couple who have taken advantage of the small lookout provided by the Country Roads Board to take in the view of Willowmavin Falls (in Kurkurac Creek), in Willowmavin, during a short 'respite' from a trip to visit a friend who lives along the Old Kilmore-Lancefield Road (which appears heading off to the right of the picture)...

...and here's the view they are seeing..

...by the way, this waterfall doesn't really exist, although the road and creek do; I had to 'create' it to 'cover' an inconsistency in the terrain...

Jerker {:)}

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:49 pm 

Hi Garry,

Can't wait to see more screenshots, looking good so far :)

Cheers.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:02 pm 
R class (express passenger)

Hey Garry :)

Wow, that looks really great :D As Aaron has said, can't wait to see more

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:15 pm 

G'day All,

...with the Mollison Creek flowing past us in the foreground (the famous rail bridge crossing is behind the photographer), we take in a view of the large Sheep Farm, whose western boundary (off the left side of the image), abuts the eastern bank of the Turner Creek (situated behind and to the east of the station and which runs into the Mollison Creek just to the left of the image), in which we can see the extensive Shearing Shed and 'temporary' Wool Store, although the house (hidden behind the trees, as it is), is somewhat more difficult to make out. For those of you taking notes, the image is dissected by the Pyalong Seymour Road (which is the road that ran under the bridge whilst the line was opened, although these days, it is better known as Bridge Road with the Main Road having been diverted to use Mollison Street)...

...where, back in 1960 (when it was just Mollison Street), we see that "The Roses look lovely walking down the garden path", as we take in a view of the Hills' residence, just managing to capture the family's eldest daughter (whose name is Susan, by the way), about to enter the 'street' and turn left to head towards the station (some 200 yards away), to catch a train into town (mind you, Susan isn't all that "hard on the eyes", either)...

...a bit later, our intrepid photographer found his way down to the station, where, using the extra elevation provided by the Up Home Signal, he took this overall view of Pyalong, looking in the Up direction. Unfortunately the aforementioned Sheep Farm is obscured by the trees growing along the creek to the left of the image, which is, indeed, the aforementioned Turner Creek...

Last edited by Jerker on Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:56 pm 

One day, I'm going to get this route and modify it so I can run my Apex Train with 2 X's on the front. Then my life will be complete

:D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:49 pm 
D3 class (light lines)

Woowww Jerker!! very very detailed route you got there! :) :) :) :) :) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:55 am 

G'day H222 & Yianni1,

...Jamie, you will do no such thing... :lol: :lol:

...and although it might look as if there is a lot of 'detail' applied here, Yianni1, those readers out there who know me and my attitude to 'modelling' in general will tell you that there is nowhere near as much 'detail' as I would like there to be and that I have been somewhat 'restrained' in this case...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:35 am 

G'day All,

...with a fabulous view of the local "rocky outcrop", otherwise known as Mount Koala, from the backyard and the McIvor Creek (only just visible) running past the back of the property, the Hinchcliff household, situated as it is on the Middle Springs Road, has an almost idyllic location from which to conduct their day to day activities..