VicTrainz Modellers Group

It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:27 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: My creations
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:31 am 
H class (express goods/passenger)

G'day ATSF458,

...that's looking really fine, except for one 'small' detail (Zec may have warned you about my 'propensity' with 'small details')...

...I notice you have 'applied' a slip-proof' texture - painted black - to the footplate of the locomotive, which is singularly appropriate (and correct) but I must take you to task over the 'scaling' of the texture. If we are to believe our eyes, each of the 'non-slip' nodules on the footplate of your locomotive are about 6" (150mm) long, when, in reality, they are but a mere quarter of this length (I spent 25 years walking along these catwalks/footplates, so I know that what you have there just 'looks' wrong). I would suggest that some minor adjustments of the texture mapping are in order...

...I'm also not so sure the 'handle' of the Coupler Lift Bar should be as long as it is, my memory tells me that 10" (250mm) would be a more acceptable length. It might also need to be lowered so that it sits 'closer' to the coupler (I would suggest about half the distance it is currently 'above' the coupler)...

Jerker {:)}

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:41 am 
Y class (shunter

Jerker wrote:
...I'm also not so sure the 'handle' of the Coupler Lift Bar should be as long as it is, my memory tells me that 10" (250mm) would be a more acceptable length. It might also need to be lowered so that it sits 'closer' to the coupler (I would suggest about half the distance it is currently 'above' the coupler)

Awesome. I was just looking at that too. the diagram has had a few inaccuracies so my apologies. Thank goodness for PSD files lol. I'll see about getting that deck texture scaled down correctly. 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:10 am 
Y class (shunter

Ok I'm back. Added some things, still need to check out that coupler lift bar. Must say, its a fun loco to build, and I cant wait to see some paint on the whole thing :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:47 am 

G'day ATSF854,

I can see a mighty fine X Class being released at the end of all this - "she's" progressing nicely...

...one thing to keep in mind. The 'presence/inclusion' of the extended handrails on the Fireman's side of the "long end" immediately 'dates' the unit to a relatively modern date (no earlier than about 1990) and should be accompanied by the inclusion of an additional set of steps up to the footplate at that point. An earlier unit would have a much shorter handrail, more akin the one that should be on the other (hidden), Driver's side (and no steps, of course)...

Jerker {:)}

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:44 pm 
Y class (shunter

With the help of zec, some pretty cool features will be added to this loco. I'm currently working on hood interior details, but not too much. I put some doors on, but I destroyed the handrail I just made in the process :(

Any parts missing from the last render are missing on purpose :P Still got lots of work to do.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:35 pm 
D3 class (light lines)

How is the loco coming along?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:21 pm 

Very well, nearly done

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:28 pm 
Y class (shunter

I've been looking around here I didn't leave ;)

Only recently did I rebuild the X class and I am currently working on the bogies, which will be shown soon.

There is still some work to do on the textures though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:02 pm 
V class (goods)

Wow! Looking great! I can't wait to see the Freight Australia version!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:19 am 
N class (goods)

G'day ATSF854

Well, doesn't that look nice. Still needs the steps that Jerker mentioned but I need a tissue to wipe the drool from my mouth, brilliant.

Cheers

John

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next