VicTrainz Modellers Group

It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:30 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My creations
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:57 pm 
Y class (shunter

Hello everyone! This may come as a surprise that I'm making anything Aus related. But I couldn't resist much longer. So here is my W.i.p thread for anything I make Australian related n' stuff. :mrgreen: I'm coming to the Australian content because this area of the sim needs some serious attention. Plus I was getting a little bored of making US locomotives. :|

First thing - X class series 1

And yeah zec, I'm making the staff exchanger next :D

Post subject: Re: My creations
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:04 pm 
H class (express goods/passenger)

G'day ATSF854,

Welcome to Victrainz and the joys of modelling Australian. It's really great to see one of our "friends from across the pond" turning their hand to something 'foreign' and I am sure I can speak for the rest of us by saying that we are 'glad' you have chosen to start with one of our own beloved VR locomotives. It certainly looks as though it will be a sought after unit when it is finished. If you need any help with research, you only need to ask and I know you will get all the information you need...

...by the way, I take that's 'my' X-Class bogie you've used there?...

Jerker {:)}

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:12 pm 
Y class (shunter

Thanks! Well zec handed me some bogey model to use on the X. I hope you don't mind, I made some slight modifications to it to make it a but more trainz and poly friendly. Very nice model though. :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:55 pm 

G'day ATSF458,

If you obtained it from Zec, then it would most certainly be mine. I have no objections to your use of it (nor any modifications you may make to it to make it more Trainz friendly), so long as I get an appropriate credit at the appropriate time...

...I 'put it out there' for it to be used and I am finally glad to see it being used...

...carry on...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:25 pm 
N class (goods)

Quote:
I'm coming to the Australian content because this area of the sim needs some serious attention. Plus I was getting a little bored of making US locomotives.

Or was it that you were called out for using other folk's content without the appropriate Credit given and trying to make it all out to be yours. Seems to be quite the trend these day's for sum folk these days.
Mick.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:33 pm 
R class (express passenger)

Excuse me, Mick? Am I missing something?

...if you're talking about that bogie, I was in the conversation where-in Zec gave ATSF854 the download link from the storage, it was done with permission from Victrainz... if it is something from the Auran Forums I suggest you leave it there.

Cheers
Stevo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:38 pm 

Quote:
Well zec handed me some bogey model to use on the X.

Jerker wrote:
...I 'put it out there' for it to be used and I am finally glad to see it being used...

...carry on...

Zec would have known the licensing of the X bogie...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:47 pm 
Y class (shunter

matruck wrote:
Quote:
I'm coming to the Australian content because this area of the sim needs some serious attention. Plus I was getting a little bored of making US locomotives.

Or was it that you were called out for using other folk's content without the appropriate Credit given and trying to make it all out to be yours. Seems to be quite the trend these day's for sum folk these days.
Mick.

Ok, you don't even know how much my jimmies are rustled behind this comment. I am raging with the force of 10 trillion suns. This text I am typing in doesn't even help. Mick, you really want to know? Here, that whole thing Stovetop (steve) started has nothing to do with it. What 'trend' do you speak of? AMAZING that the first page of this has already made me steamed. WHERE do you see me saying that I gave out content to make it all seem mine huh? I want you to quote that. Oh please do. I swear that incident is brought up to me one more time......

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:59 pm 
Site Admin

Hi All
I did give Matt the bogie to use during construction. I apologise jerker, I should have asked him to add a credit to the screenshots, however it was about 1am when I sent them to him.

I will note, though, that my suggestion was to use them more as a base, due to the high poly count on the bogies :) Reducing poly count can really make texture mapping awkward, as things can end up a bit messy. Rebuilding it based on the original is a good solution to this (such as how I've done the semaphore :) ).

Zec

All comments are my own unless otherwise stated.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:40 pm 
R class (express passenger)

... More towards the topic...

G'day ATSF854,

...Impressive I say! I welcome you to the Victrainz forums, hopefully we can all see some more fantastic projects coming from you soon...

...Until then, please do keep up the great work!

Cheers,
Nathan