VicTrainz Modellers Group

It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:37 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trainz Videos...
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:46 pm 
H class (express goods/passenger)

I downloaded the route to take a look, yeah, there are too many big yards on it which isn't suitable for VR when each station would have 1 to 2 tracks, some may have 3 but are only about 400 yards long, the grades are perfect, there a 1in48 that's only about 200m long but the rest are very long 1in50's and heaps of 1in65s which will allow for decent sized goods trainz

Image here with a run on the route with 283 tons climbing a 1in66 http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q97/ ... dfc069.jpg , the route is also very long 'about 3 hours from point A to Point B' when the grades are an average of 11mph the middle would have to be a terminus like Spencer St so it'll be an hour each end, branch lines need to be a little longer with 1in40s and 8 to 10 chain radius, where the branch line turns off the main line the Station close to it will need a turntable and a small yard with water and coal stage

I wonder what happened to Para, he hasn't been on for some time, wonder if he's quit trainz and stopped on the MP route he was working on, I stopped the one I was working on as I wanted it to be a Community built route when all of us work on it, but no one was interested.

As to live stock, I can build the one that was located at Drysdale, it was a wooden platform that could fit 2 wagons, I'll try and track down a photo of it, would be easy to build and texture if I use Garry's wooden texture from the Staff Exchange, "Ohh, X Class going past, must be the cement" .

EDIT:

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q97/ ... ad8c3c.png

I'll need to investigate this Live stock, think it might of been part of the Goods platform which was removed in 1948, the 1930 track sketch shows the platform taking up the whole section of track.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:36 am 

ok guys I moved this to its own thread :) here Georgtown Victorianised

Cheers
Rod

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:57 pm 
Site Admin

Hi All
I have uploaded a small 'preview' video of the Type 2 DD class, in black with twin compressors. Includes a few little surprises in it, that will be included in future steamers :) Plus a preview of the new Healesville route, including the Yarra Flats trestle bridges.

Please excuse the camera 'jump' in the 3rd scene, it seems I forgot to edit it out :(

Regards
Zec

All comments are my own unless otherwise stated.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:57 pm 

Hello Zec
Amazing!!
Your best video yet. Thank Goodness that stick came off in the last scene :) I kept trying to grab the brake handle and stop her :D Well done.

Ok so it seems that you have mastered the art of loading high definition to You Tube.

Can I make a request please?

Would you be able to do a tutorial on how to upload different definitions on to you tube. Over Christmas I prepared a nice Christmas Scene using your Christmas Pack. I thought it was pretty good but I tried three times in three different ways to upload it. Each time it ended up stripped down to very low resolution with the individual frames running colour and horrible. The last advice I had was to load it exactly as it came out of fraps But that was already 3 gig of data and after 24 hours YouTube spat it and nothing appeared. The second last was to create a 500meg DivX movie which looked great, however YouTube reduced it down to crap :(

Their must be something here I am missing?
Cheers
Rod

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:14 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Rod
I exported the video as a 1080p WMV file, beyond that nothing special. I used Nero Video to edit it all together and export. As far as I can tell, it was the only format that would export at full 1080p HD.

Regards
Zec

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:43 pm 

S301 wrote:
Hi Rod
I exported the video as a 1080p WMV file, beyond that nothing special. I used Nero Video to edit it all together and export. As far as I can tell, it was the only format that would export at full 1080p HD.

Regards
Zec

Thanks Zec I presume Nero Video is an add on for Nero?
I will see if I can find it ;)
Try once again when I get my computer running again
Cheers
Rod

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:07 pm 
Site Admin

It's part of Nero, but not sure if some versions lack it? I found it by going start->all programs->nero->nero 11->nero video

Regards
Zec

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:20 pm 

S301 wrote:
It's part of Nero, but not sure if some versions lack it? I found it by going start->all programs->nero->nero 11->nero video

Regards
Zec

Thanks Zec, I am a little out of date so maybe its time to upgrade it :)
Cheers
Rod

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:08 pm 
A2 class (passenger)

I don't do videos for trainz, having only done them for flight sim, however I take the recorded avi files into adobe premiere pro to edit it. Once done, I export it as a progressive h.264 file that YouTube accepts no problem for HD.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:32 am 

Adem wrote:
I don't do videos for trainz, having only done them for flight sim, however I take the recorded avi files into adobe premiere pro to edit it. Once done, I export it as a progressive h.264 file that YouTube accepts no problem for HD.

Fair Enough!
But I don't think I am going to be able to try that till I collect my Lotto money :D And they have not told me I won yet :)
However the h.264 part is useful, as I am sure you intended. Thanks for helping :)
Cheers
Rod

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next