VicTrainz Modellers Group

It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:38 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trainz Videos...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:07 pm 
H class (express goods/passenger)

What's interesting is I was able to get 600tons to 2mph on a 1in50 :lol:
Only issue is NSWGR_46Class over weighted it and put too much water in it,
they hold 3000 Imp gals and he put 4500 Imp gals of water, which makes it more than the A2/C/K Class Tender capacity, he also had the tender unit at 18tons and the loco unit at 70 tons, 70+18=88tons then add fuel weight, coal 5tons and water 21tons gives a total loaded weight of 114tons when the real one would be about 70 to 80 tons loaded.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:41 pm 

Hey all,

Was playing with the Duchess today in SP1 after a fresh install of TS12 and found a few issues, first the safeties do very short pops causing a 'spt, spt' every couple of seconds, second issue is it's very powerful and at low steam pipe pressure it's keeping up with speed on a upgrade with 280 tons and it's hard to keep under control, another issue is the Blower Doesn't work :( , the 'spt, spt' was annoying so I was going to use the blower so I get a 'ssssssssssssssssssssssspt' if you know what I mean :)

Here's a video

Cheers.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:36 pm 

Hey all,

A video of RY 126 in the 1951~1952 condition, only annoying thing is the overheads causing everything to become invisible, I don't know why older Alpha channel maps do that though when modern alpha channel maps don't, this video is just some idea's that could be done for MP.

I think a way to get a decent MP route done that'll allow shunting and running of trains would be to have a yard built in the center of the route, have a few destinations from the main yard.

So you have Track 1 Out, Track 1 In, Track 2 Out, Track 2 In, Track 3 Out, Track 3 In, and so on depending on how many destinations there are, so when a player pulls a train into the yard, he decouples, takes water/coal at the loco sheds, turns the loco then couples to the Out train for that destination while and the shunters have to make up the goods train based on it's destination, and the same for passengers, have a station with the platform based on destination and another shunter needs to rearrange the passanger stock by moving the Guards to the back of the train.

So that way you can have people who just want to drive and other people that want to shunt and build trains, another factor of train building is to also know the locomotive doing it as there would be a load limit to take over the grades.

We've got plenty of shunting loco motives, , Cranes, EE, Fe, DDe/D4, Y, RY, T Class DE, Y Class DE, F Class DE, M Class DH, W Class DH, E Class Electric 'Recent upload by Pete'.

But no routes to use them on :(

However there are allot of routes with good marshaling yards, but there only Point A to Point B, what we need to get an effective marshaling yard is to have a route with Point A, Point B, Point C, Point D, then branch lines coming off some of the intermediate stations making Point A1, or Point B1, which would make 2 trains combined in the marshaling yard then at the intermediate station it gets split up and the branch line loco then takes that load to Point A1 and so on.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:42 pm 

Aaron
I have been playing around with Georgetown to Tarrin Rocks, trying to make it look a little bit Victorian. It is a great looking map in my opinion, and the main thing I am doing is removing NSW stations signal boxes and bridges and localising it all. The other thing is I am removing all the station yards that run at right angles to the main boards. I think that their are enough yards along the main. Next thing to do is get all the Industries working and reworking some yards to reflect proper railway practices.

But I also look forward to seeing your Geelong maps working as well as Zec's Korrumburra maps. Its sad that so few of us here are building maps
Thanks for the video
Cheers
Rod

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:38 am 
A2 class (passenger)

That's an excellent route indeed Rod, I'd be most interested in having a version of it in Victoria. I currently use the standard one with some AI victorian trains running along it.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:18 pm 

Adem wrote:
That's an excellent route indeed Rod, I'd be most interested in having a version of it in Victoria. I currently use the standard one with some AI victorian trains running along it.

Yes I like it
I have permission to rework it as Multi Player route, but I will not release anything till I run it past the owner once more.
We could probably make a second Victorian Version for single player.
Be very interested in forming a little group to get this all together if anybody is interested. I need an expert in Industries and a bit of back and forward interaction about

Roughly what part of Victoria is the route representing? In my head I have The Eastern Line with Pwer Stations, deep sea ports oil refinery and steel mills.
Double and single lines with at least two branch lines, entirely fictional of course.
The Branch lines could be supplying grain and timber whilst coal from Oaklands comes in off board via portals
Passenger trains work off board to terminus at three places Intermediates (ala Warragul, Traralgon and Sale and end of line Terminus)
coal goes to Port as does wheat and steel product. Oil arrives ad goes to Refinery and distributes off board
etc etc

A dandenong type final station could be exaggerated to produce lots of local industry with shunting engines splitting trains and delivery trucks to Industry. Then end at Portals
A suburban service could operate off board to Dandenong and on to Cranbourne and Warragul (type stations)

Just not having to create scenery could make this work, I thought. It has to support 20 players in MP though

Cheers
Rod

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:37 pm 
A2 class (passenger)

It would be nice in my opinion to have a section of the mainline electrified to allow suburban trains like the Harris' once they go on the DLS, though that's more personal preference than anything. Coal and Timber sound like good key loads. Mixed goods trains and some livestock ones too might help add some operating variety and interest.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:42 pm 

Adem wrote:
It would be nice in my opinion to have a section of the mainline electrified to allow suburban trains like the Harris' once they go on the DLS, though that's more personal preference than anything. Coal and Timber sound like good key loads. Mixed goods trains and some livestock ones too might help add some operating variety and interest.

Yes we must encourage Jerker to make some stock races :) We really don't have a good one in Trainz
Cheers
Rod

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:53 pm 
A2 class (passenger)

Agreed. I'd try it but don't think so just yet. Will need some good weathered ones for the Curraduin Branch too to replace the current stand ins until I find something better.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:00 pm 
R class (express passenger)

G'day Rod,

I did make a set of stockyard pieces, based on the one currently at Emerald on the PBR, though as they were built in Google Sketchup I don't know how many people would encourage their release. Heres a picture of one put together:

I also made a few renamable suburban station signs for a request that I also thought a neat bit of kit to have for route building...

...they can also be hung up on station lamp posts and such:

These might hit the DLS as its a small object that even sketchup's Poly multiplying didn't make too much difference.

Cheers
Stevo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next