VicTrainz Modellers Group

It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:06 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:20 pm 
Z class (shunter)

It was suggested on the Auran Trainz forum that I should enquire herein regarding the possibility of obtaining DEM map(s) for the NSW Main North between Wingham and Grafton.
The person mentioned that a member here by the user-name of "Jerker" might be able to assist.

By way of some background, I was part of the beta team for the original Trainz in 2001, spending a week at Auran's premises in Brisbane.
I later went on to create the first "prototype" route - Robe River Iron - and followed that up with a couple of other proto's - Crawford Hill and Potash (Utah).

I've been absent from Trainz since 2006, just recently returning following my retirement and am interested in creating the line between Wingham and Grafton - the area of NSW where I grew up.
I have the NSWGR Curve & Gradient drawings and their Track & Signal documents but just need a DEM map on which to overlay everything.

If Mr. Jerker reads this post and can help, would you please contact me either through this forum or via my email: bhkATnetspeedDOTcomDOTau ?

Thank you.
Bruce Kennewell
Canberra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:25 am 
H class (express goods/passenger)

G'day brucek,

Well, Sir, you have found me...

...Bruce, your name is familiar to me, I am sure we've spoken before over some other Trainz related matter. Anyway, strictly speaking, all requests for DEM based routes should appear in the topic specifically set aside for them, here but since you may be new to our forum, I will let you 'off' this time...

...so you're after the line from Wingham to Grafton, eh? It's a fair way but should be doable - worse case scenario would be two sections that could be merged later. Did you have any kind of time frame for this and any thoughts on a specific terrain overlay?

...get back to me and we shall discuss this...

Jerker {:)}

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:18 am 
Z class (shunter)

Many thanks for responding and my apologies for placing this notice in the wrong area; it was unintentional.
I'll continue the topic in the correct sub-forum.

Bruce