VicTrainz Modellers Group

It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:11 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Traralgon line
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:16 pm 
Site Admin

Not forgetting the end of the L's to Traralgon, and the Tait's, Harris', Comeng's, and Hitachi's running out to Warragul :) As well as the wide range of diesels, heritage steam trips, and a variety of liveries (VR, VicRail, V/Line, plus the yellow APM shunter, and the sparks!).

As to my comment about DLS, this was specifically about extra content (sorry I didn't make that more clear). Using the TS2009 built-in content is fine, as it's either on the DLS, or is still built-in, for TS12 :)

Zec

All comments are my own unless otherwise stated.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:26 pm 
H class (express goods/passenger)

Along with those stock, Wooden Gates and 2 Pos, 3 Pos signals where still the main signals in use, Melbourne lost all those after about 2001.

Hey Zec,

I'm not familiar with the APM shunter?

Cheers.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:38 pm 
Y class (shunter

Thanks for clearing that up :) i think for myself it will be easy if i made the line like it is now and hopefully someone gets around to making a Vlocity, so it can be realistic :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:48 pm 

Hey Garry, Dunno if this is just me, but the DEM Maps of Melb-BDale download properly and then when I get in game there are no baseboards (not just no textures. NO baseboards at all) and then when I get back into CM the route says the size of it is less than 1kb, which is approx the size of the config

Jamie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:29 am 

G'day H222,

...that is rather strange, Jamie. You say a check after download confirms the size of the file to correspond with the size indicated from the storage area but after importing, CM reports the files sizes to be only 1Kb. Assuming you are using the correct importing process (...Import .cdp file... from the main File Menu), I cannot explain this. This would indicate that something is going seriously awry during the importing process. It is possible that these somewhat early files, being in TRS 2004 format might be causing issues but I would not expect that from a *.cdp format file. Have you tried downloading them a second time?...

Jerker {:)}

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:41 pm 

I am using the correct process (I'm not a n00b you know, only been here since 2003 ;) )

I can't explain it either. I have downloaded them, again, and again

Jamie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:31 pm 

Hi Garry,

I just downloaded them before to see what Jamie was seeing and the same thing happens in 44088, after installing the cdp's only the config.txt is their while the cdp's them self was 10mb download each.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:52 am 

G'day H222 & Aaron™,

..well, Aaron, that most definitely is not correct. Melb-Bdale#1 should weight in at 19.1 MBytes; part #2 should be 9.49 MBytes; part #3 ought to show up at 22.6 Mbytes and the final part should register a size of 9.98 MBytes. What's interesting is that I have a fifth *.cdp just called Melb-Bdale, which is indicating a size of 61.2 Mbytes, which corresponds with the total of those values. This file is not in the storage area...

...Jamie, I suppose my hand has been forced and I will have to upload the files 'anew' and if you like, I'll throw in the 'full' version, as well. It will have to wait until some time later today. I am having trouble with noise on my phone line which is 'playing havoc' with my internet connection (it keeps dropping out on me and taking ages to reconnect and phone calls are almost impossible to understand because of the noise), so I will need to contact Telstra to see if they can look into it (I am sure the problem is at their end - I have eliminated all the possibilities from my end). I will let you know when the files have been uploaded...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:16 pm 

G'day H222,

...Jamie, I have been able to upload 'new' copies of the files for you (including the Melb-Bdale.cdp file of the entire route), so you may now download them at your leisure...

...let me know if there are any issues...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:53 pm 

Sweet. Thanks Garry :D

Jamie

EDIT: I spoke too soon. Still doesn't work :? and in CM the files sit at 20.57kb each (all of them)