VicTrainz Modellers Group

It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:16 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Traralgon line
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:36 pm 
Y class (shunter

Hello guy. Not sure if its been done before but I'm going to attempt to do the Traralgon line, starting from Dandenong

Post subject: Re: Traralgon line
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:08 pm 
R class (express passenger)

Well, if you go to Traralgon, use Garry's DEM maps, because tommyg is working on Traralgon to Orbost. This'll mean it could end up linking up

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:52 pm 
Y class (shunter

I may need help, I'm new to this (DLS and Trainz Online) but it may be a while when i start and when i do ill be starting a Dandenong, i may need some tips when it comes to grades and hills, the one worrying me the most is the hill between Longwarry and Drouin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:24 pm 
H class (express goods/passenger)

G'day Michael_Pakenham,

Welcome to Victrainz. Thanks for 'following' my advice and I am sure you will enjoy your 'stay' here. As cjgeddes (Callum) has also intimated you would be well advised to create your route on one of my DEM 'bare bones' prepared routes (which are simply the basic terrain (without any assets or objects added to them but with appropriate Topographic data showing where the rods, Rivers and Railways should be placed and with the correct terrain, based off the 30 meter (10 arcsec) data from NASA. As I mentioned in your post on the Trainz forum, I have s set of four routes that together form the line from Melbourne all the way through to Bairnesdale, however, since your post on the Trainz forum, I have looked into the matter and only parts #1 (Southern Cross to Dandenong), #2 (Dandenong to Warragul) and #3 (warragul to Traralgon) are needed to get to Traralgon. Consequently, her are the links to these three parts...

http://www.storage.victrainz.com.au/Jerkers_DEM_maps/Melb-Bdale_1.cdp

http://www.storage.victrainz.com.au/Jerkers_DEM_maps/Melb-Bdale_2.cdp

http://www.storage.victrainz.com.au/Jerkers_DEM_maps/Melb-Bdale_3.cdp

...should you decide to go all the way to Bairnesdale, just let me know and I will link yo u to the fourth part, as well. One more thing...

...if you find that when you download and install these files (use the "import .cdp file" option from the File Menu in CMP to do this), you may find that there is no Topographic data on the terrain, like this...

...then you will also need to download and install the HOG Texture Set from this link...

http://www.storage.victrainz.com.au/Jerkers_DEM_maps/HOG_Texture_Set.cdp

...once you have installed this file (in the same manner as the route files), the next time you open the route in Trainz, all will be well...

...please, do not hesitate to 'call' if there are any problems - my reputation depends on YOU getting the end result I want (the guys here reckon I "give great back-up")...

Jerker [:)}

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:36 pm 
Y class (shunter

Thanks I just have one question, should i build the route on Trainz simulator 2009 ? Or train simulator 2012 as ill be getting TS2012 off eBay in a few days

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:59 pm 
R class (express passenger)

Hey Michael.

Your choice, but can I recommend two things?

One - have a TS09 version, and a TS12 version.

Two - DO NOT buy TS12 off eBay, as it could already have been registered, which means you CANNOT download off the DLS into that particular game, or go multiplayer.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:06 pm 
Y class (shunter

Thanks for that advice TS12 was only $15 off eBay so if that's the case then it wont really be a waste of money,
Does anyone know if anyone has made a Vlocity train yet?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:08 pm 
Site Admin

Depends on if TS12 has content that you really want on your route. If not, then I would suggest build in 09, and run in TS12 (or, as I'm doing with the Healesville route, build in TS2010 and run/test in TS12). So long as you keep to DLS only content, and build it in 'native mode' (aka, compatibility mode turned off), you shouldn't have issues with it in TS12 :)

As to buying off ebay, if you really want to go this route, make sure you buy a new, unopened copy of the software. If it has been registered, then you will not be able to register it yourself, as the license/serial number is not transferable...

As to a VLo, not yet. I started one ages back to see if I could do the nose, but never got very far with it. No idea when I'll go back to it, as it wasn't an overly well made model at the time... lol

Zec

All comments are my own unless otherwise stated.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:17 pm 
Y class (shunter

When you say only use things off the DLS does that mean that i shouldnt use things already installed in the game? (Eg. Tracks, Signals ext)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:32 pm 
H class (express goods/passenger)

Hi Michael,

It means if you buy secondhand with the serial used you "cannot" download anything from the dls, also means you won't have access to the TS12 support on N3V forums as people won't see your username showing a registered TS12 serial.

Cheers.