VicTrainz Modellers Group

It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:13 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Melbourne Signals
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:09 pm 
J class (light lines)

Hey mate,
That is technicaly possible. But not now. Now I have quite a lot of work developing brand new scripts for my czech signals - whose technology will be adopted by Vic signals afterwards... And it doesn't run problemfree. And my time for trainz is also limited.

regards

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:55 am 
J class (light lines)

Hi Trainzers,

Firstly - thanks for patience. My job (as a signalling and interlocking planner/designer) didn't allow me much appetite on signalling.

I'm quite far in the process of developing unique Czech signals with quite unseen possibilities. High level of automatisation and unification with 39 (only 24 used on antique 1952-1966 signals I have finished models for) signalling rules attachable to virtually unlimited number of train routes. User can place the signal to various distances from the track axis. Now I have values: 0, 700, 2000 for gantries, 2200 for dwarfs, 2375, 2500, 2650, 2850 and 3000 for dwarfs and normal post signals. In driver mode you can shut any signal down to stop or you can turn low speed caution on it (two distinct signal aspects in CZ - "shunting permitted" and "call-on"). Or you can make the signal fail and so the "stop" aspect is displayed on preceding signal (and can be overriden only with "call-on" signal...

These possibilities are planned also for Australian signals. I expect Czech "made in USSR" signals to be done by March. Then I will switch on to Victorian ones. For the begining - classic Searchlights only. All of above, later plus one additional unseen in CZ - the ability to mix generation of signal heads within one signal.

I would, however, like to ask you on one typical physical aspect of your signals:
- some three or five most typical distances from the track axis (for dwarves, masts and gantries) for various signal types (How is it in VIC? in CZ we have niminal distance 2375 in stations, but 2850 on open line etc. How is it by various kinds(function kinds) of signals by you?

Thanks for all

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:55 am 
J class (light lines)

So features of the next gen:
- variable distance from axis (left-gantry-right) in discrete steps
- unlimited number of routes - each with its attributes and setup
- 2, 3 or 4 aspect signalling (2asp: "stop-clear", 3asp: "stop-warning-clear" etc)
- accurate signal aspect for every signal and route (main aspects)
- Automatic signals with B-light as head or marker - left-right or right-left order - in one object.
- Home signals with A light and B marker, A light and B light, or A light, B light and C marker.
- Repeater signals
- Dwarf signals

Features after I add more signal styles:
- mixed type heads on one signal
- banner indicators
- 2 position signalling
- possibly once even the power signalling? Or somebody already did some?

If someone would provide me some good quality textures (I'm from Europe) and provide them to me - I would be happy to use it (and name him/her as contributor).

An example of the graphical detail of USSR signals in CZ that I create:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99262306@N08/16011035688/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:55 am 
H class (express goods/passenger)

G'day NSWGR AD60,

...it all sounds so exciting, "VR", I can't wait for these to be available for those folks who need properly operating 3 Position Signalling. However, I should point out a 'flaw' in your "thinking"...

...in Victoria, we do not use the "C light" on a signal for 'marking' purposes (only the "A Light" or "B Light" signals perform this function). If a "C Light" is provided on a signal, then this light is ALWAYS a "Low Speed" indicator, telling the driver that a route has been set (not necessarily for the track HE intends to take), that the 'route' may or may not be clear and that the next fixed signal may or may not be at proceed. Where provided, this signal will ONLY display an amber or yellow light at the Proceed Position and will be 'extinguished', otherwise. The 'Proceed' aspect applies to ALL of the possible routes that apply to the HOME Signal to which it is attached (as well as those specifically applicable to the "Low Speed" indication, itself; sidings, for example) and ALL "Low Speed" Signals are ONLY attached to Home Signals. There is also an 'unwritten' speed limit applied to such movements but the signal does not control this. It should also be noted that we do not have a specific "Calling On" signal in our 3 Position signalling areas. In those locations where it is anticipated that a requirement for a second train to follow a preceding train past a Home Signal (while that first train is stationary or still in the signalled section) is needed, then the signal will be provided with a "Low Speed" Aspect ("C Light"), specifically for that purpose. Where no Low Speed is provided, the Operating Rules (the A. B. S. - Absolute Block System - Rules) allow for the passing of the signal at the Stop Position under certain 'fixed' circumstances...

...it also occurs to me that there is no provision in your 'list' for our "Route Indicators" (of which there are various and numerous types, none of which are necessarily "consistent")...

...if you could 'request' the specific requirements for those "textures", I might be able to assist you...

Jerker {:)}

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:47 am 
J class (light lines)

G'day Jerker,

... C Light... That wasn't a flaw in my my thinking. It was a translation related misstake. I forgot the true name for it. Of course that I know how does it behave. In fact I even cited its planned usage further down the text of my post. Which is - as far as I know - correct.

... Route indicators. Yes They will be included. I am not sure if in the very first stage. But they will be included. Under this conditions:
- there will be only one type of route indicators installed at the signal.
- there will be limited number of indications the indicator can display. I suggest only three indicator positions. Or is it insufficient? Tell me. The lower number - the simpler signalling configuration in surveyor. I don't want the list of signalling patterns to be as long as Transsiberian magistral.

Could I get some typical distances of the signal from the track? Some 3 to 5 most used. Best if given for each kind of signal? Believe me or not, even centimeters matter in how pretty the route is.

Thanks for your offer for textures. I will write it down soon. Thanks a lot!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:59 am 

G'day NSWGR AD60,

...I am glad to see that you have your "thinking" regarding the "Low Speed" aspect fully understood...

...I am also pleased to see that you have not 'forgotten' about our "Route Indicators" and I am happy to accept your 'limitations', adding that a maximum of 3 possible indicators on any given signal would be more than adequate (as far as I can recall the most I have seen is two of the "arrow" type, which would be the most prevalent). Don't forget, there are the "Illuminated Letter" types, though, which can have as many as 4 routes in their indication but this is inside one single box and only one such box would be attached to any one signal...

...as for the distance to place the signals from the track centre, "V.R.", according to our loading gauge, the minimum distance they can be set at is 1.475 meters but this would cause issues with Passenger Cars, so I would suggest that the 'standard' distance that we use for the "track-side" tag. here. would be adequate for your purposes and that is usually 2.4 meters...

Jerker [:)}

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:03 pm 
J class (light lines)

G'Day!
While I may seem trainz-dead, I'm not quite dead at all.
I'm freshly moved to another city, I've started a new job for a signalling and interlocking manufactorer where my task is to co-create projects and project documentation for installations of interlocking and signalling - all the way from initial economical review down to a circuit design. Furthermore I'm about to marry next month. But otherwise - It is trainz time now. So just be patient with me and you'll also see something more interresting from me than this plain notice :-D .

So just to say I'm still here.

V.R.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 10:56 am 

G'day NSWGR AD60,

...I am pleased to hear that you have not yet abandoned us and must offer congratulations in your direction for both the new job and your impending marriage. I trust that both work out as you hope that they would (and that your future 'mate' is "conducive" to your 'involvement' with Trainz - and "trains", generally)....

Jerker {:)}

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 12:04 pm 
D4 class (shunter)

Hello.
I'm just wondering, has there been any progress on these signals? I think they'd be able to go quite well in a Melbourne Route, that I am currently making. Thanks in Advance.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:34 pm 
J class (light lines)

Hello,
unfortunately, since my last visit here, (a year ago) situation hasn't changed at all. Or... In fact it has changed completely. Since my moving to another city and getting a better job, I've (unexpectedly) estabilished a family and there is not even half of the original time available for Trainz. And yes, cuts had to happen.

So I haven't done anything for over a year on Victorian signals. I can, however, reupload the original scripted signal pack and post it here. But it covers only one type of signals.

I am active in our national (Czech) trainz community, where I create light signals, impedance-bonds, axle counter sensors (Frauscher RSR-180, don't you want? I suspect you use them as well as we do!), level crossing protection and other technological objects. Currently I am much behind the schedule, so restarting my work on Victorian signals is quite improbable this year and only slightly probable next year.

I am, however, ready to cooperate with somebody who would like to make some more advanced models. A time for adaptation of my czech signal script for your signals script it likely to be found...

Have a great time!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next