VicTrainz Modellers Group

It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:23 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gmail Email
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:12 am 
N class (goods)

Hi Folk's,
Can i ask why Gmail Email Address's are not allowed to be used here, I've since changed Addresses and Internet Provider's as where i live is apparently in the middle of no-where so Gmail is the best one available to me but when i try to change my account setting's to reflect the new address it say's it is not allowed.
Cheers Mick. :cry:

Post subject: Re: Gmail Email
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:54 am 
R class (express passenger)

Hi Matruck

I had a similar problem and had to change all programs I used with Telstra to my new Satellite provider, it took some time (even gmail), but this forum I only had to contact the administrator to get them to recognise the new email address.
So any program that used your previous email needs to be changed on your computer and possibly passwords.
dan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:14 pm 
N class (goods)

Thanks Dan i'll try that then, I did have a Satellite Provider with my previous address but it was too unreliable. Being three hour's from Melb and half an hour from Albury/Wodonga i may as well be living on Mar's..lol.
Cheers Mick. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:40 pm 

Hi Mick,
I hope all went well in your change over, like you I live in the far west Vic and 10km away from our town in a valley so had to go to the NBN to fix the problem (mobiles don't work either and no land line). So I chose Australian Nomad Technologies (antnet.com.au).
I have a 20Gb D/L and a VoIP phone, excellent service.
dan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:52 pm 
N class (goods)

Dan
The 20GB sound's pretty good to me mate i wish we could get that here, We just use our Mobiles with 6 GB for the month which i seem to use in a week, Before we moved here we rang Telstra and they told us they could not let us know of the internet service in the new house till we gave them a phone number lol. Anyway i havn't followed this up just yet maybe in the new year mate i'll get onto it and the NBN wont be in our area for fair while yet as we do not even have town water but we knew that before hand and you'd be surprised just how much water ya can save when you know it's not a endless supply but anyway thanks for the help Dan.
Cheers Mick. :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:38 am 

Hi Mick

We know about the water issue, it aint cheap is it, we have only tanks as we are rural also.
As to the Internet as we don't have a phone line at all I have the satellite service with the voip phone that runs from the satellite, no Telstra service here unless i walk about 60 meters into our paddocks and that is hit and miss. See if you can get the satellite if you can. Far cheaper.

dan