VicTrainz Modellers Group

It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:35 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:13 am 
A2 class (passenger)

Greetings all.

I finally found my tape measure so I've been able to measure up the storage space I have to put the module. The space is 160cm in length, 50cm in width and 20cm in height. It's clearly not a huge (being under a bed with a support post along the centreline limiting width). I have a little extra length to play with but not a lot. The idea was that one side can have an equivalent sized removable fiddle yard and the other the module itself.

Any suggestions for what would be best to use this space with? I prefer passenger ops to freight or shunting and I plan on using this as a diorama more than for actual operating. I had in mind something akin to Stony Point with curved platform and passing loop with goods platform on the loops headshunt and space on the line headshunt for a B/A to pull forward of a (probably considering the space two car) passenger consist. The passing loop also would have a reverse siding angled back to what would have once been a loco depot and turntable but probably now just wagon storage.

Any/all ideas are welcome.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:47 pm 
D3 class (light lines)

Hi Adem
you could do small shunting layout like my,it dozen really take up much space,and my layout live under my bed.its base around Spotwood/Newport workshops.

By alasdair1998 at 2012-04-14

By alasdair1998 at 2012-04-14

By alasdair1998 at 2012-04-26

By alasdair1998 at 2012-04-26

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:29 pm 
A2 class (passenger)

Well I've pretty much decided to go with a hybrid of the Carlshrue and Stony Point track plans, a mainline with a branching off track which also forms a part of the passing loop. I have enough space to fit a T and three E cars at the slightly curving platform. Will try and draw this up properly eventually.

Here's the signal diagram for Carlshrue which is what this mostly would look like only without the double mainline;