VicTrainz Modellers Group

It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:54 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: HBMRC?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:35 pm 
A2 class (walscheart's) (passenger)

H cars are coming Jamie, not saying who though ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:25 pm 
H class (express goods/passenger)

H222 wrote:
Now all we need is H cars and that's all of V/Line's diesels fleet, and the V'locities coming, there may be an influx of more modern layouts around in the next few years

Jamie

And if the Velocities sell as I am certain they will, we have been promised that the Sprinters will be next. Apparently Vel orders are a bit slow, but expect that to change after the Exploders get here. State of the art models we are promised, They will also have working scharfenberg couplers. The Chinese are engineering them now. Apparently scale size correct shape, however they may need to have kadee coupler pins set underneath if we want auto uncoupling. I suggested that if the pins were removable, we could trip them with a magnet on a stick like the sargants couplers ?? Interesting to see how the Chinese do it though ;)
Cheers
Rod

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:04 pm 
H class (express goods/passenger)

I wanted a Austrains P class, H cars is a must for me, I'd get them in Tangerine and Silver paint, that's how I remember them when I was catching them as a kid with Mum and Dad to Melbourne.

Hi Callum, I didn't say it won't make it up, they struggle to get up when one engine shuts down because there one engine per car and that's 55ton of dead weight to the train and the gear ratio there on makes it hard to climb hills at slow speeds.

DRC Sprinter is 2 engines per car and they always seem to be loosing an engine at the start of a trip or mid way of a trip and doesn't slow them down as they where originally built to pull a 37ton trailer that never got built, so they where used on there own.

a friend who works at Geelong says V'Locitys have to be put in sidings when they have engine problems now because the lights and aircons are draining the batteries when the engine is off as they need the generator to keep the systems running at 100%.

Also, DRC sprinters had problems at first, they failed to trigger gate crossings and where taken off till that was all fixed.

Cheers.