VicTrainz Modellers Group

It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:24 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:35 am 
Site Admin

Hi All
After the success of the first Rail Scenes Photography event, the team at Rail Scenes Photography will be running a second Rail Scenes Photography event at Newport workshops on the 15th of September 2012, featuring locos R761, K190, and D3 639 in steam (subject to availability). We will also be using the smoke generators again to complement the in steam locomotives.

Once again, this is your opportunity to take part in what would be considered unique to the rail enthusiast, to capture stunning long exposure images of locomotives, in steam.

Learn from professional photographers and photographic suppliers on how to push your camera and your photographic creativity to the limits and think outside the square.

Strictly limited to 30 people only. There will be ample opportunities to capture stunning photographs that are usually difficult to achieve. We will be starting a little earlier this time around, to also allow late afternoon, sunset, and dusk photo opportunities (note, sunset is expected at approximately 5:46pm on the 15th of September).

Event Details:
- Cost: $100 per person
- Date: Saturday 15th September 2012
- Time: 5pm - 10pm
- Address: Shea Street, Newport VIC 3015
[Off Champion Road next to Victoria University.]

For those without Facebook
Contact or to register for this event email us at
info@newtelproductions.com
or contact on 0401 722 443

A number of examples from the previous Rail Scenes Photography event at Newport can be found here, as well as on my website here.

Regards
Zec

All comments are my own unless otherwise stated.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:18 pm 
K class (light lines)

Looks like it's gonna be a blast! (Pun :D)
I'm coming along!
Who else? :P

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:24 pm 
A2 class (passenger)

I'll be there. Paid for my ticket already. Thats $100 less for me to spend at Caufield :lol:

Michael

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:33 pm 
R class (express passenger)

I say 'Whoa!' Rather expensive if you ask me, although considering that the locomotives may need firing up, I guess that $100 isn't too much of a bad offer... I'll be attending Caulfield hopefully, and I'll most likly be wearing a white hoodie jumper in dark black jeans...

Cheers,
Nathan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:50 pm 
K class (light lines)

nathan1000 wrote:
I say 'Whoa!' Rather expensive if you ask me, although considering that the locomotives may need firing up, I guess that $100 isn't too much of a bad offer... I'll be attending Caulfield hopefully, and I'll most likly be wearing a white hoodie jumper in dark black jeans...

Cheers,
Nathan

Yeah Nathan, the costs of firing up three engines and hiring the yard for all the shunting needed adds up pretty quick!
I'm there, I'm one of the period fireman/driver models :P

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:22 pm 
K class (light lines)

The event is merly weeks away!
Who else is coming? Come on! It'll be a great night of fun and you'll get some amazing photos! :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:38 pm 
Site Admin

Hi All
Less than a week to go!

Unfortunately, although many have expressed interest in attending, we have only received enough bookings to have 1 loco in steam (note, D3 639 will not be in steam, due to the ARHS tour not running, this leaves either R761 or K190 being in steam). If we have 3 more paid bookings, we will be able to have both K190 and R761 in steam. We are able to accept bookings until 5pm on Friday, so please share this around.

This will be the last of the Newport RSP Photo Charters for the foreseeable future, as we have ideas for other locations as well, which we will be running.

No matter what, I'm definitely looking forward to this one! Should be another enjoyable evening/night of photography!

Also, Hellraiser, we are considering expanding into other states in the future, however right now we are focusing on locations around Victoria, as this is where our team is located :) However, personally, I would love to be able to run one of these in NSW (and other states) in the future :)
Regards
Zec

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:27 am 
Site Admin

Hi All
I hope everyone had a great night at Newport last night! I know I did, and it was great to meet everyone :) Really enjoying seeing the photos everyone got, glad to see that everyone got some really nice photos! Justin, I really like that one of Bryce with his head in the smokebox of K153!

Have uploaded a few of the shots that I took through the evening as well :)

K190 goes for a spin on the turntable before it's evening duties around the workshops at Newport.

R761 moves off to perform it's duties for the evening whilst K190 waits for it's chance to start shunting.

R761 and Y164 sit at Newport under a cloudy sky.

A few more can be found here.

If you have any feedback on the event, or ideas that you would like us to look into, please let us know :)

Regards
Zec

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:12 pm 
V class (goods)

Nice photos Zec.

I see the next event will be at Puffing Billy on October 21st. It is an all-day event limited to 6 people.

Now on Flickr
Last updated July 28th 2012
Puffing Billy 50th Anniversary
Celebrating 150 years of the Bendigo line 1862-2012

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:25 pm 
R class (express passenger)

K160 wrote:
I see the next event will be at Puffing Billy on October 21st. It is an all-day event limited to 6 people.

Would we get a discount if we're volunteers? :lol: